We’re often asked by customers how best to childproof a home when it comes to window coverings. The simple answer comes down to cordless window treatments. Cordless coverings make it so that a child can never be mistakingly wrapped around the cord.
According to statistics, 24% of Americans are unaware of interior blind cords as safety hazards while 15% are unaware of strangulation hazards related to window covering pull cords. Kids have a knack for grabbing at anything, so it’s important to childproof your home with cordless shades.
Types of Cordless Window Treatments
- Cellular Cordless Shades – cordless top down and bottom up option available.
- Roller & Solar Shades – uncluttered look with no visible cords. Safe products to use in nurseries, children’s rooms and play areas.
- Roman Shades – Cordless option available with two fold styles: flat style and hobbled style.
- Bamboo Shades – easy to move up and down. Innovative cordless option for bamboo shades.
- Faux Wood Shades – easy operation, lift cords are eliminated. The wand is used to tilt open and close the slats.
- Mini Blinds – clean and uncluttered look with no lift cord or tilt wand.
Questions? Contact Us!
Ready to outfit your home with childproof window coverings to keep your children safe? B&B Window Coverings offers a full range of options that are sure to fit in beautifully in your home!. Call our specialists at (310) 376-3555.