Let’s face it: there are so many options when it comes to window treatments, it can be daunting to figure out what you want, right? Right! Starting with the basics can help though. Finding out what’s available is a great start, and then you can figure out what looks good, what you definitely don’t want, and decide what you want! When you’ve narrowed it down, B&B Window Coverings can help you choose based on the benefits and advantages of each type.
Technically, blinds are hard window treatments composed of movable slats that can be tilted opened or closed when the blind is lowered. Shades are raised or lowered by a cording system or a spring component. Blinds and shades can be fully customizable, and offer complete light and privacy control. Also, they have an endless variety of design choices and options, which is very appealing to new homeowners or homeowners looking to do an upgrade!
Wood blinds are very common and are found in most rooms. Made of natural wood slats that are either painted or stained, they are a great option for any room. With simple construction, they are very popular and they also come in many finishes ranging from bamboo and stained ebony to light pine and many other options. B& Window Coverings offers many different slat sizes as well depending on the type / degree of control you prefer and the privacy and light control you desire.
Faux Wood Blinds
For great value and pricing and an uncomplicated look, faux wood blinds are a great option. They are efficient, affordable, attractive and easy to maintain. Faux wood blinds look and feel like wood blinds, but they are attractive because they are less costly and stand the test of time due to their durability. They won’t warp or fade and are great for humid climates or those with high moisture like a bathroom.
Adding charm to windows, shutters are one of the more beautiful window treatments, and can also add value to your home. Helping to control incoming light, they also offer privacy when closed and when it gets hot, cold, or noisy, they can help insulate that. Often described as timeless, they add a level of sophistication to any room.
- Protection – shutters protect against sun and heat in summer and the cold in winter months.
- Privacy – easily close them for privacy and you can adjust the rod to allow light to enter.
- Easy Customization
- Light Control – open/close to allow as much or less light as you want in.
- Security – window shutters can come with a latch or lock to keep them from flying open.
- Neat Appearance – wood shutters fold open neatly to expose the entire width of the window, and they close to display the beautiful details of the shutters.
One of the biggest benefits of drapes is that they keep the sun out of your home, lowering your energy costs. In addition, they allow for great privacy and are also very affordable. These are the most decorative of the window treatments and can add some personality to your space.
Window Shades are a functional and stylish type of window treatments which come in a variety of styles. Great on their own or layered with other window coverings, they add depth and versatility to your window while giving your room a sophistication like no other. In addition, shades offer a cordless option for ease of use and undoubtedly offer a safer environment for children and pets. Choose between light filtering or room darkening styles as well which give you greater control over privacy and light control. Shades are also easy to clean and insulate well against outside heat or the cold. Choose between many options:
- Cellular Shades – ultimate in flexible settings and great for energy efficiency
- Roller Shades – Roller shades exude contemporary sophistication with their clean lines and simple look.
- Roman Shades – an excellent option to bring the elegance of draperies along with the convenience of shades.
- Natural Woven Shades – made of bamboo, grasses, reeds and other materials, bring the outdoors into your indoors!
- Cordless Shades – an effortless way to control light and privacy, cordless shades make raising and lowering easier than ever.
- Motorized Shades – the latest in technology, motorized shades offer the convenience of using a remote to open and close!
Looking to decorate your children’s room with safe and secure window coverings? B&B Window Coverings offers many options, from cordless to motorized! Call us at (310) 376-3555 or simply fill out the form to the right and we will be in touch right away!