When it comes to choosing between cordless and corded blinds, it can be a difficult choice. Sure, cordless sounds great, but sometimes a corded blind is necessary. With technological advancements these days, there are many options of window coverings available to you. In addition to the corded blinds we have all become accustomed to over the years, there are also cordless varieties to choose from. However, cordless blinds do not necessarily replace the corded blinds.
If you’re wondering which is right for your needs and space, cordless vs corded blinds, then read on!
If you’re wondering which is right for your needs and space, cordless vs corded blinds, then read on. Corded blinds can be great for certain situations.
- Some windows are very high, meaning you wouldn’t be able to reach cordless blinds when fully retracted. In these situations, the cord system eliminates this problem, and makes it so that you can always control your blinds.
- Corded blinds typically last longer. In fact, corded blinds can hold out a bit longer than cordless blinds, depending on treatment of course.
Sure, Cordless blinds sound appealing, but keep in mind that corded blinds have come a long way in keeping the cords discrete. Gone are the days where cords are present. There are many great looking corded blinds that work perfectly and serve homeowners for many years.
Advantages of Cordless Blinds
The advantages of cordless blinds should seem pretty obvious, right? What makes them so great? For one, it’s convenience.
- Without cords, you’ll love not having to deal with a tangled mess of strings hanging from your windows.
- With the absence of cords, it’s also much safer for your children and pets. You won’t need to worry about kids and your precious dog or cat getting entangled and hurt.
- Ease of use is a big benefit. In fact, all you have to do with cordless blinds is gently pull down or push up and the blinds will respond.
One great option is The Hunter Douglas LiteRise operating system which makes raising and lowering blinds and shades easier than ever. The proprietary design holds blinds and shades securely in any position with no constant adjusting. Simply push up to raise and pull down to lower. Your blinds and shades will remain right where you put them. There are no lift cords for a clean, uncluttered look that is safe for both children and pets.
So, Which Is Right For You?
Whether you choose to go with cordless or corded blinds really depends on your unique situation and preference. If you have high windows, then a corded situation is going to work best for you. In fact, in some cases, there’s really not much choice except corded. When the windows are too high up to make the blinds easily accessible, or if your window is very wide and the cordless system won’t work. In such cases, if you really want to remove cords, then you may want to go for motorized blinds.
For those homeowners who have normal sized windows, cordless blinds are a great choice. This is especially true for families with young children and pets where cords can pose a serious safety hazard. The easy, simple functioning of cordless blinds means you don’t have to mess with cords or find a way to keep them out of the reach of curious little ones. With no cords showing, the blinds will appear clean and beautiful.
Either way though, both cordless and corded blinds come in a wide range of colors, styles and designs and B&B Window Coverings specialists can help you find the right one for you.
Ready to outfit your windows with beautiful new blinds? We offer a full range of cordless and corded blinds that are sure to fit in beautifully in your home or business space. For any questions, please call us at (310) 376-3555.